Fishing Licenses and Fees

Resident Licenses:

  • 12 Month Fishing License: $27.00
  • Daily Fishing License: $6.00
  • Youth 12 Month Fishing License (14th to 18th birthday): $3.00
  • Lifetime Fishing License (requires 10 years continuous residency): $311.00
  • Lifetime Fishing License & Conservation Stamp (requires 10 years continuous residency): $496.50
  • Lifetime Fishing License & Conservation Stamp for the permanently and totally disabled: Free
  • Lifetime Pioneer Fishing License (65 years of age and 30 total years of residency): Free

Nonresident Licenses:

  • 12 Month Fishing License: $102.00
  • Daily Fishing License: $14.00
  • Five Consecutive Day Fishing License: $56.00
  • Youth 12 Month Fishing License (before 18th birthday): $15.00

Additional Stamps and Licenses:

  • 12 Month Conservation Stamp: $21.50
  • Lifetime Conservation Stamp: $185.50
  • Flaming Gorge Reservoir Reciprocal Stamp (requires valid Utah resident fishing license): $30.00
  • License to Seine or Trap Fish: $21.00
  • License to Deal in Live Bait: $69.00


  • All licenses and stamps are valid for twelve (12) consecutive months from the date of purchase.
  • A conservation stamp is required for all fishing licenses.
  • Lifetime licenses and stamps are available from Cheyenne headquarters or any Department regional office. Contact them for specific eligibility requirements.

Wyoming Resident Definition

A Wyoming resident is defined as a United States citizen or legal alien who meets the following criteria:

  • Domiciled in Wyoming for at least one (1) full year immediately preceding the license application.
  • Has not claimed residency in any other state, territory, or country for any purpose during that one (1) year period.
  • Meets the specifications outlined in Wyoming Statutes §23-1-102 and §23-1-107.

For a detailed explanation of residency requirements, visit

Resident Youth Fishing Regulations

Under 14 individuals do not require a fishing license and their creel limit aligns with those who hold licenses.

Nonresident Youth Fishing Regulations

Under 14 individuals do not need a license if accompanied by an adult with a valid Wyoming fishing license. However, their creel limit is determined by the accompanying adult's license. Nonresident youth under 14 possessing a valid daily or nonresident youth annual fishing license can capture and possess a full creel limit.

Conservation Stamp Requirement

  • Every individual licensed to hunt or fish in Wyoming must purchase a single conservation stamp, valid for twelve (12) consecutive months.
  • Proof of purchase of a valid stamp must be carried by the sportsman at all times while hunting or fishing.

Exemptions from Conservation Stamp Requirement:

  • Holders of daily hunting or fishing licenses.
  • Nonresident holders of five consecutive day fishing licenses.
  • Holders of special limited fishing permits.
  • Wyoming fifty percent (50%) disabled veteran fishing license holders.
  • Resident permanently and totally disabled lifetime fishing license holders.

Additional Exemptions:

  • Holders of any Wyoming pioneer hunting or fishing license.
  • Honorably discharged Wyoming resident veterans who are one hundred percent (100%) disabled, holding game bird, small game, and fishing licenses.
  • Holders of military combat general elk or general deer licenses.
  • Holders of military combat game bird or small game licenses.
  • License reissues to veterans with disabilities or individuals with permanent disabilities who use a wheelchair.
  • Resident United States Military Purple Heart Medal recipients.
Wild Advisor Pro


The legal advice provided on Wild Advisor Pro is intended as a summary of the hunting, camping, hiking, and fishing laws and regulations and does not constitute legal language or professional advice. We make every effort to ensure the information is accurate and up to date, but it should not be relied upon as legal authority. For the most current and comprehensive explanation of the laws and regulations, please consult the official government websites or a qualified legal professional. Wild Advisor Pro is not responsible for any misunderstandings or misinterpretations of the information presented and shall not be held liable for any losses, damages, or legal disputes arising from the use of this summary information. Always check with the appropriate governmental authorities for the latest information regarding outdoor regulations and compliance.